Extraordinary Antique Pitcher and Bowl by Clifford Keeling & Co in Bursem, England
What we love:
This stunningly beautiful antique ironstone transferware pitcher & basin is a rare find and we are thrilled to offer it to you!
• The large basin measures approximately 16.25” in diameter and is 5.25" deep.
• The pitcher stands 11.75” tall and is 9.25" from spout to handle.
• The set dates from the 1920s and was made in Bursem, England.
• Both pieces are marked and in excellent condition with vivid Chinoiserie transfers.
• Makers mark reads Losol Ware Langham, Keeling & Co. Burslem, Made in England.
• The pattern is “Pagoda” but we’ve also seen it referred to as the “Shanghai”, “Chusan” and “Pompom Chrysanthemum” pattern.
• The transfer is hand painted and shows strong Oriental and Art Deco influences with chrysanthemums, butterflies, gnarled trees and other exotic flowers.
• Striking blue geometric patterns line the rim of the bowl and the bright white background allows the red, pink, green, yellow and blue color to really pop!
• Both pieces are in excellent condition!
• The pitcher has minimal to no crazing, no cracks or chips.
• The basin has crazing, especially in the interior.
• The basin has no cracks. The rim does have two very small rim imperfections (see photos).
A rare find and a fabulous addition to your antique ironstone and transfer ware collection!