We choose items we love, that fit our definition of farmhouse style. They may be machine-made, hand made, imported or made here in the USA. We’re proud to support independent artisans and include many items made by our friends and neighbors in New York state.
We believe Farmhouse Style is deeply rooted in memories. Sitting at grandma’s kitchen table, churning ice cream, kneading bread and shelling beans. Drinking sweet tea and sitting out late on a summer evening counting stars and watching fireflies. The items we choose speak to these memories.
WHO WE ARE
We are Deb and Ken Moree McKinney and we’ve been collecting and decorating in farmhouse style for what seems like forever. Our idea of a perfect day is one spent scouring estate sales, auctions and flea markets looking for the perfect piece for our own 1860s farmhouse. Sometimes we don’t find exactly what we’re looking for and often when we do, we find it is just out of our budget. It was out of this search that Marmalade Mercantile was born and it remains our goal today - to provide quality vintage and vintage-inspired farmhouse decor at reasonable prices.
Each and every item we offer is rigorously inspected before it’s set out in our Ithaca, NY shop or listed on our website. If it doesn’t meet our exacting standards we don’t sell it. Orders are packed with great care and meticulous attention to detail.
- We operate our business from one core philosophy - To treat our customers, employees and vendors as we would want to be treated ourselves.
- We strive to provide exceptional, friendly and fast customer service.
- We are a living wage employer and strive to create a caring and lively place to work.
- We are an active part of our community. We purchase from local artists and support local arts organizations in our community.
Marmalade Mercantile is a small family business. We answer every email personally and when you call you’ll speak to ether Ken, Deb or one of our three staff members, Lou, Michelle and our daughter Lexi.
- We promise to ship promptly, within one to two business days.
- We promise to pack with great care and meticulous attention to detail.
- If something does go wrong in shipping we will make it right.
- If there is a mistake with your order we promise own it and make it right.
- If you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason you have 60 days to return it at our expense.
Q: Do you sell jam?
N: Sorry No.
Q: Do you offer wholesale pricing?
A: Sorry we are strictly retail.
Q: How did you decide on the name Marmalade Mercantile?
A: It’s a long story, buy us a beer sometime.